Tuesday, July 29, 2008

rotten milk

So the other day I went down stairs to get something and I noticed a sippy cup laying on the ground. So I brought it up stairs and gave it to Kevin to put in the dishwasher because it was rotten chocolate milk and I wanted nothing to do with it. Neither did he. He said, "we should throw it away." But my cheap self said, "no just wash it out and put it in the dishwasher." Mostly because I swear that I have bought at least 30 sippy cups in Taylor's life time and we now have like 6 or 7. How do they just disappear. Anyway. Yesterday I go to clean out the dishwasher and it stinks. So I pick up a cup and smell it and it is sick. Then I pick up another and again the same thing, all my dishes stink, even my class cups. Remember at the library and you would open a book and it smelled yucky, kind of old and like throw up a little bit, well ya, that is what all my dishes smell like. So I have washed them three times, and it doesn't seem to be helping. So I don't know what to do. Any suggestions. I can't eat off of dishes that smell like throw-up and I can't throw them all away. Help!! Can you buy something at the store for your dishwasher? So my advice to you is when you find a really old sippy cut that has milk in it. Throw it away.

5 comments:

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Have you tried soaking them in vinegar? Just an idea. It cleans stuff pretty well.

XO said...

Eesh, that does sound gross. I found a bunch of Ben's bottles (nice and moldy) in the car a while back, but I boiled them and that worked nicely. I don't know if you can boil your dishes though ;) Maybe if you use more of a grease-cutting laundry detergent the next time you wash them? And maybe even wash them by hand? I really don't know what I'd do. Sounds like one of those times where we try to be "cheap" and it ends up costing us more!

Kindra said...

What about some dishwasher soap with BLEACH??? I totally understand the sippy cup thing- they disappear!!! :)

Traci said...

I have no suggestions. That is just gross. I have found several rotten milk sippys but I just throw them away. Now I know not to put them in the dishwasher. Thanks for the info.

Vernos said...

I haven't had that happen yet, but eew gross! I will definitely throw them out if I do! I wish I had a cure all for the stench, bleach maybe?