Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Suds in the Dishwasher


So yesterday I was thinking about what to do with my dishes. I thought for a second and thought I should put dish soap in there because it smells good and washes dishes well, then thought no that is a stupid idea. Suds would explode everywhere. That is pretty common sense not to put dish soap in the dishwasher, right? So then I called my brother, Jon and he said maybe to try a little bleach just for the washing cycle, usually bleach kills the smell. So I thought great I will try that. So last night I come home after being out with my mom and the dishwasher is going. So I asked Kevin, "You are washing them again?" He said, yes. I said, "then that is the fifth time, because I did it again today." So then he says, "I put a little bit of dish soap in there hoping it kill the smell because the dish soap smells good." I give him a look like, oh my gosh. So about 20 minutes later we look over and there are suds pouring out of the dishwasher and they keep coming. We open it up and there are suds everywhere. So another lesson learned, which probably everyone already knows, don't put dish soap in the dishwasher.




8 comments:

Kari said...

ha my roommate in college did that.

Kasey Sanders said...

Your girls are so dang cute! Seriously- I love, love, love Taylor's hair. I love how blonde it is. It looks adorable in every picture. You are going to have to teach me! She is the perfect combination of you and Kevin. It was good to chat. I am excited to together soon.

Amber said...

soo funny! way to try Kevin! If the bleach doesn't work, I would run a cycle with white vinegar and then maybe open it up on the rinse cycle and put some in then too. hope one of these things work! But now you also have the problem of how to get rid of all of those suds. Maybe let Taylor play in them, my kids would be in heaven if our dishwasher looked like this ;)

Paul said...

Your dishwasher thing is very strange (and kinda funny)! I would try the white vinegar thing like your friend said. Well, if anything this makes for a good story!

Erica said...

I'm sorry, I don't have any good advice for you, but I do think that your story is so funny. I'm sorry! It seems like this kind of stuff always happens to me. Hope you figure out a way to get the smell out.

Unknown said...

well did it work? he he. I hate the smell of a cup after it had milk in it for a day. Can't imagine how bad this stunk! Google it? Good luck! I would prob try Oxi-clean, but I use that for everything!

Megan said...

This is such a funny story! I love that you and Kevin think the same way. That is awesome! I hope your dishwasher is smelling nice and clean now! :)

Sarah said...

OOPS! Hey, this is the stuff you will tell your grandkids about:)
It was so great seeing your cute family at the carnival...looking forward to the bbq sometime in the near future!