Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Island Park

This past weekend we went up to Island Park, ID. It is about 30 miles from Yellowstone. Kevin's sisters, in-laws have a cabin up there and they invited us to go. So it was us, his sister's family and brother's family. It was a lot of fun. On Thursday and Friday we went out on the lake. Their cabin is about a half a block from the lake. I was so pretty. Boating was so much fun. You couldn't ask for a better two days to be on the lake. Thursday we had glass all day. That is almost unheard of anymore. Friday was great too, but about 3 0'clock a storm came up so we had to get off the lake. We came back to the cabin and then went to a place called big springs. It was so pretty. It is a place where a natural spring comes into the river. The water was crystal clear. Amazing. We fed the fish some corn and then went for a little walk. On Saturday we went up to Yellowstone. When we got there we went to some hot spots. They were stinky. I am sure you remember that smell if you have ever been there. Then we drove over to Old Faithful. We just missed it when we were parking so we had to wait over an hour, so we walked around and saw some other hot spots. Of course both our kids fell asleep about 20 minutes before it went off. Isn't that so typical of children to fall asleep right before you get to where you are going? Anyway, we finally saw Old Faithful. It was pretty neat. Then we drove to Lower Falls which was awesome. You had to hike down to this water fall that was about 150 ft. tall. But instead of looking at it from afar, you looked at it right where the water fell. It was so cool, but a little scary. I was a nervous Nellie with my kids. It was a little scary, but so neat. We didn't take our camera there so I will have to show you pictures when I get some. We had a great weekend. A lot of food, fun, and relaxing. It was nice to take a vacation!! Thanks to Suzie and Mike for the fun time.


Haley being cute on the boat

Kevin wake boarding -- look at that water!!!

Taylor and her cousin Alix going for a ride on the bumper tube!!


Here is Taylor and Haley with their cousins Carley and Alix


Haley taking her afternoon nap on the boat


Here we are at big springs
Mom and Taylor on the bridge



Here we are right before we see Old Faithful, notice both are kids are sleeping.
Old Faithful.

7 comments:

Campbell Family said...

We were just at Island Park last week. Isn't it beautiful up there. Too bad we weren't there at the same time!

Brooke

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

Wow Ali! Looks like you had tons of fun! I have been wanting to go to Yellowstone SO bad, this makes me want to go there even more:) You look so great and your hair is so cute. It always is. Little Haley is sure cute, you can tell she has chunked up a little bit. I wanna squeeze her cheeks. Your girls are always so dang cute it makes me hope for a girl!!!

Traci said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time. It is always fun to go on vacay. Your kids are darling, as always. Oh and congrats to Kevin on the new job. That's great!

XO said...

So fun! I remember that smell though and I haven't been there for like 15 years. I love your hair, you have such a beautiful family!

I didn't find anything specific in my journal about stuff we used to do - I was quite disappointed. Most of my entries are abstract, like: "I feel like I am not a very good friend" or "all the girls are so pretty" So dumb. Oh well.

Vernos said...

what a fun weekend! I can't believe the little life jacket thingy that haley is wearing, is it like a swimsuit or something with floaty's in it? That is so cool!

Sarah said...

Ali!

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love vacations...the pictures of Haley on the boat are adoreable! Hope all is going well!!

Ferran Family said...

Sounds like you had a very fun weekend! Haley looks so cute sleeping on the boat!