Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Help, I'v fallen and can't get up!

The Sunday after Christmas Kevin had a little accident. In the morning before church he went over to Eric's for a minute. As he was walking back, he was walking up our driveway and sneezed and fell to the ground. His back went out. He couldn't move. So he layed on the sidewalk for 15-20 minutes he said. I had no idea he was even out there. I was putting Taylor in the bath tub when I heard a cry for help coming from the front door. I ran to see what he needed. And there Kevin was crawling in the front door almost in teas. I asked what was wrong and he was in so much pain he couldn't talk. I asked, "Are you having a heart-attack", "No," he said. "Did you slip and hurt your knee?" "No," he said. So then he said that he sneezed and his back when out. So he layed there on the floor of our front entry way. Right then Eric called and I told him that Kevin was in a lot of pain. So he said that they had a heating thing you put in the microwave and Brandi had some Loratabs. So I went over there and told Brandi what had happened. Luckily her mom was there and knows a lot about the body. So Brandi gave me the medication and we all went back to our house. Brandi's mom thought that he slipped a disc in his back. She had him do some stretches to see if that would help, but he could barely move. So we tried to sit him up to take him to bed, but that was impossible. So Brandi's dad and brother-in-law grabbed Kevin by his hands and drug him into the front room, so that the could at least watch TV. Kevin layed there on the floor until 11 o'clock at night. He didn't move. He spent a lot of time on the computer and watching TV. Then Eric and my dad made a stretcher out of crutches and a blanket, put Kevin on it and carried him into our bed. That even killed him. Luckily the next morning a chiropractor had an opening so we got him into the car. The chiropractor took an x-ray and said that the cushion that is in between his spine bones was smaller than it is supposed to be and so his spine bones are rubbing together. So then he cracked his back. I have never heard anything like that. And Kevin had never felt anything like that, but it relieved a lot of pressure, so that is good. So Kevin has been taking it easy, well as much as Kevin will. He hates to sit still. He is on a lot of pain medication right now and I guess it will just take time for it to heal. I am guessing a couple of weeks. I hope for his sake that it is sooner!

2 comments:

Kari said...

I had to tell Matt the short version of that story so Matt can make fun of Kevin next time he sees him. Sneezing and falling. That's funny.

So will Jocey get on this since you are? I tried to persuade her a while ago, but as you can see, it didn't work.

Paul said...

oh my gosh Ali, that is the saddest thing- but also, I'm sorry to say, extremely very funny. I'm afraid Kevin will be made fun of for the rest of his life because of this.

I agree with Kari and Matt on getting Jocey to do a blog. I finally saw her the other day.